Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Homework 3- Duotone



Our assignment for Homework 3 was to create a duotone graphic. I really love the mood that black-and-white photography can set, so this assignment was right up my alley! As I made this image, I couldn't decide between making the subjects of the photo (my husband and our daughter) super-dark or not. I decided that I liked the feeling that the shadowy figures provided, so I went with it.

The background photo was taken in Kaikoura, New Zealand last summer. It is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been to. The three of us took a vacation in NZ to visit my brother-in-law and his wife, who were living in Christchurch at the time. The foreground photo was taken on a beach in Santa Cruz a month or so after we arrived home.

No comments:

Post a Comment