Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mid-Term Assignment- Historical Collage



Because I am a nurse, I chose to focus my midterm collage on one of the most famous nurses in history, Florence Nightingale. Known as The Lady with the Lamp, Nightingale provided revolutionary care to soldiers in the Crimean War. After the War, she became a statistician who researched infection rates in hospitals, and helped to develop some of the basic hygiene principles we use today. She also founded the first ever nursing school, and helped nursing evolve from a job that was performed by either homeless people or nuns, to a profession that is well-respected and highly desired.

I chose to make the photo monotone, mostly because the only photos of Nightingale are very old, and mostly sepia-toned. The more current photo of the stethoscope looked very jarring next to her photo until I changed the color scheme. The only piece of this that I was not completely happy with was the piece in the bottom left corner, her signature. I couldn't get it to look just right, but after finishing week 8's homework, I feel that I now possess the skills to make it a more seamless transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment